Logistics Application Development
Electronic data interchange (EDI) – The transfer of data between two partner companies. Hopkins provides our clients with the data they need to use to create sales for the “big box” companies that require data transfer. Advanced shipment notification (ASN) data is provided and can be sent directly to our clients or can be provided to any Internet trading partner.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used to transfer files from one computer to another computer over an internet-based network. Nightly Inventory, hourly inventory, shipped orders, order tracking information, and EDI data files can be stored on the Hopkins FTP servers and can be accessed by your company 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Email Importing: Hopkins can receive orders via email from our clients. Upon the importing of order information into our databases, Hopkins will generate an import report in pdf format and will instantly send the imported orders report to our clients for verification of the received orders.
Email Exporting: Sending shipped order information, shipment-tracking information, and real-time inventory data from our email servers can happen whenever our clients need that data.
Automated Consignee emails: Every night, our servers automatically generate emails to our client’s consignees telling them their shipment status, which includes: tracking numbers, shipping address, carrier, shipped item information.
Automated Carrier Load-Out Emails: Hopkins provides our partner carriers the information they need to see at 3:00pm PST that helps them accomplish first-break load out plans. What this means for our clients is faster turn around of the freight at the local level, which facilitates the freight moving timely the same night it is received by our carriers.
Warehouse Receipts: Pre-keyed or the import of inbound inventory is available based upon our client’s needs.
Some of the features of our “free” client web portal:
- Warehouse Truck Appointments: The latest information we receive from our partner carriers of inbound freight into Hopkins is posted on-line.
- Open Orders: Every order that has not been shipped is viewable in one location.
- Shipped Orders by: date, date range, client order number, pro/tracking number, purchase order number.
- Every major document is available on-line: Packing Lists, Bill of Ladings, Customs Documentation, Warehouse Receipts, Miscellaneous Billing, Advance Storage Report, Invoices.
- Real-time Inventory: Columns of data can be sorted by MTD, YTD, previous year, second previous year, available quantities, and outstanding balance.
- Carrier Links: Contact information and links to carriers are provided.